Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gift #4...weather

We had spectacular weather in San Fran while we were there. Clear, sunny, windy and COLD. We had tickets on a tour bus where we could hop on and off. This was great getting where we needed to go but because they went on a certain route, if you got on in a certain place in the trip you would have to go the long way around. The long way around was going over the bridge. The first time we went across the Golden Gate bridge, we were in the open top...it was great, it was clear, it was really windy, it was COLD. The second time, the bridge looks about the same from below...and it was warmer.
We walked everywhere and even today, 2 weeks out, the shoes I was wearing still are painful in the same spot. Nick and I wandered and found ourselves in out of the route places and I feel we kind of know San Fran a bit better than from the roof top of a tour bus.
If you know anything about me I don't do cold well. After this open roof top adventure, it took me the whole night to get warm to the core. Some things though are worth doing uncomfortable.

No comments: