Thursday, August 15, 2013

a small nudge

I should be talking about my husbands 51st birthday today, or my daughter 19th tomorrow or my sons 17th in a week...but all that is on my mind, an ever looming 50th of mine coming in about 3 weeks. If I lived to 100, I would be half done but we are not given our days on earth and all the funerals I have attended in the last few years, not one was a person in their 100's let alone 90's or even 80's. So...longevity isn't a certainty at all.

My Dad has a thing for numbers and dates and significance of any or all of those. 50 seems like a big deal and for me...it is. I am not fearing it like I did my 40's. I just feel like something needs to change in the trajectory of my life, a small nudge now that will embark us towards a different life. The problem is I don't know what that nudge is...

But this significant year...I would like to make small nudges that move me towards becoming a different person, a better person, a simpler person, a healthier person, a kinder person, a happier person. A person in community.

What about a godlier person?

I just said that...

Now back to the husband, the daughter and the son....investing in them will always be my best nudge.
all it takes is a small nudge to make a HUGE difference


No comments: