Thursday, April 17, 2014

I need to write again

but where to begin...what to say...

but I need to start again...

there has been some changes

I have learned a few things since Christmas

I don't know how many of you are still out there

Does it matter if no one reads?

I need to write again...





This 13 year old captured my heart on BBC today. There she is hunting with a golden eagle as if it is the simplest thing to do. We don't know how long she rode on her horse in the cold to get to this place of joy.  This moment was captured, this moment of culminating hard and strenuous work.  It is this moment...this day...this joy. I am working hard on figuring this out...collecting these moments.  It is the thin veil between the now and the forever. I think that is what joy does...it thins the chasm between the here and now and the forever. it helps us glimpse and feel God's presence.  You find yourself smiling just looking at this young girl...you feel her joy and you know nothing about her. See, how catching it is this splash of heaven, this moment of joy?  This is as much of what Holy is.



No comments: