Saturday, September 12, 2009

All at once


It is one of those late summer hot days here in Lynden. It will be grand to get some things done in the yard before the rains begin. It is also quiet in the house...Scott is away for the next three weeks for work and since he is always the first one awake and making noise...it is quiet in the house. Kids are sleeping in on their one day of the week...school has been in session for two weeks now and they are learning how to juggle all the details of their very busy lives. This week...I turned 46 and the doctor told me that I would not need surgery (yet) and that I could do as much as I could do and finally get rid of my HUGE black brace I have been wearing for 3 months. Every morning my first waking moment, I pray a prayer of thanks...I have been sleeping all through the night without aide and without much pain. What a gift. Yesterday, with some monetary gifts from Scott's union and family we were able to pay the last 2 doctor's bills off, now all we have is the hospital bill. All at once it seems the clouds have parted and the sun (flower) is shining.

So I sit here in the silence of the room..wishing my husband here but knowing his absence means he has work. I am so grateful for the reprieve, for all the good news, for all the blessings...that a weird painful part of my journey though far from done is so much better. I am breathing, bending, picking up, walking...when in June this was so far far away from my reality.

These days are breathers. We all have them when things seem in order and there is a relative peace. As much as I want these breathers every day... that isn't life.

At this very moment as I write these words...Mocha is throwing up in the kitchen. Morning peace has been officially broken .... So much for the breather....BUT, at least I can bend over and clean it ....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very happy for that you are able to "breathe". I cherished my breathing days (and still do) and remind myself on the days that it is difficult to breathe, that every breath comes from the Lord and He knows all the breaths I take, today and in the future. Sometimes my inhaler helps as well :) It is so very great about your back, your paying off your bills and your life at 46.

Les Hon said...

I appreciate your perspective... even when cleaning up dog vomit (been there, done that, will do that again...) you are knowing peace in the ability to do that... I need to think as you do!

Unknown said...

Hooray! No surgery for now! Just when you think life cannot get worse, it often does. BUT just as you think life cannot get better, it often does also.

We love you and you inspire us. Fall is coming with its red golds and bronzes. God is painting the world for us to see.