Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Holy Knitter

So far, it being only Wednesday, it has been a strange week. Busy...which is normal...but inside me...I have been really really angry. The problem...I can't pinpoint the one reason.
I teach a Psychology class here at school so I realize when I passively aggressively respond to a simple request from an innocent bystander who has no issues with me or me with them....something is going on. I can sit myself down and go through the basic questions but I did not even want to talk to my best friend, whom I trust with my life...my husband.
It is scary how powerful this emotion is and destructive it becomes, my poor family.
So last night I simply prayed...Oh Father God...I am sorry, have mercy on me. Help me untangle these disconnected threads and knit me together...O Holy Knitter. Please make something beautiful from all the mess I give you...
Father In Heaven, the Holy Un-tangler. Your Kingdom Come...my kingdom is in disarray...Your Will be done..I don't like mine. Today...as long as it is called Today...give me all that I need to do your will . Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy you have turned the tangles over to the One who knit you together in the first place. Trusting with you that He can make a wonderful section of life out of the present knotty situation. - lew