Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring ahead !

On Sunday I went to a memorial service for a little girl who died at two weeks old. This week I will attend a funeral of a co-worker who died after fighting cancer...he was a young man in his early thirties. Next week will be the one year anniversary of Cheryl who died suddenly at the early age of 52. It seems I keep attending funerals of unfinished lives. I know what many say at funerals, that this was God's will but every time I hear that I want to say OUT LOUD...NO, death early was never God's will. He designed us to live forever, His will would have been so different, so full, so real...not this leaving too early business. I don't know why it makes people feel better to say that this was God's will...it does not make God look that good to have babies die and young man falter. I always say and think in my head...This is not what God intended, He will walk in this valley and mourn the brokennes of a world we chose but He did not Will it to happen. Death reminds me always of how it isn't supposed to be...It is the starkest of reminders that life is limited and time is fleeting.
Looking back on my recent posts...I have opined much on conversations full of loss and pain. It seems to surround the days even as Spring tries to begin. Our winters here are dark and dreary and long...so it seems my blog journey. I will begin to Spring, bring a new life into this journey, Thank you for your patience through the winter.

No comments: