Saturday, July 7, 2012

decisive dedication

I went to a funeral yesterday and it was the first one I have ever been to that the Pastor blamed the enemy for stealing away what is precious. You know that verse that says the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy? Finally...finally we were able to not pretend that death is somehow a good thing. I did not know Colleen, but knew and respected her husband. He was instrumental in a round about way for my entrance into LC. What a great love story they had and what a HUGE loss for her family. I felt as I listened to her life story how much of who she was, was intentional and decisive on behalf of others. She poured her life out... What a grand life...what an awful death. Cancer reeks of satan. It is so like sin and it's consequences that it is uncanny. We think our sin is benign, it should not affect anyone we think but left alone and hidden all it does is become deadly. If we bring it to the light and undergo radical treatment of confession and decisive dedication is there a chance for life. I want a life well lived. I don't want to meander, hoping for something. I want to be vigilant in screening for hidden sin and bring it out. Amazing, but even in her death, this unknown woman to me still pours out an example.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Thanks for sharing...good for me to contemplate, and intend.