Friday, July 27, 2012

It is what it is

It is almost August and I don't think I have started summer vacation.  I am still a bit on edge and I don't really know why except that I have had to come to the school at least 2x a week and we haven't 'escaped' to anything.  Not even a simple day trip away...not anybodies fault but it is what it is. When August roles around, usually tension begin to rise. When I saw the back to school adds on TV, I changed the channel. It really isn't a healthy way to start a new school year but like I said...it is what it is and I have to figure out how I can get ready for the business of the fall without the rest of the summer. 
When we were in Papua, we would escape to this beach as often as we could. An all day away which was exceptional in its beauty and restorative value.  I don't have anything like that here...I need to find something similar.
I have accomplished some of my goals...I finished a quilt and started another. I have read many books. I have begun a running program, I have cleaned and re-organized the home. We are building a woodshed this weekend and the garden we planted is growing and producing. I haven't rested though...or disconnected from the drum beat of school expectations.
I'll figure something out...but a trip to this beach, if possible, would be exactly what I need.

No comments: