Wednesday, November 21, 2012

the enemies chew toy

#1. Put on as if it is clothes, humility.
#2. God opposes pride..anywhere.
#3. Place yourself under God's mighty hand
#4. He will honor you at the right time.
#5. Roll your worries over to him/He cares for you.
#6. Control yourself
#7 Be on your guard
#8. The enemy prowls, roars and looks to chew up and swallow.
#9. You can stand against him.

1 Peter 5

A prayer

Your word is a light to my path, and since I have placed myself under your hand…I have been assuming you would feel the need to use me because of my amazingness. Forgive my arrogance and my pride, for who am I but clay in your hand. Who am I to tell the potter, when and where you should use me. You are the one who honors me by using me…if I am not being used in my perceived areas of strength; it is because I am full of pride. Not only are you not using me, you will oppose me. I have not clothed myself in humility and I seek your forgiveness again this morning. I have been chewed on, it is interesting that pride and the enemy's chews are not far apart from each other.  Pride is the enemies chew toy. I like that …. I can beat myself about this…I think you would rather me just humble myself and get on with it.
Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have given me something to "chew on" - and it is NOT a toy. Thanks for the thought-provoking blog. As we chew on God's word we do get nutrition and strength to move forward.

Lately I have been using a Warfare Prayer written by Victor Matthews as I enter my day. As I make the declarations and requests in this prayer, I have found more freedom and protection from the chewing of the enemy. ~ lew

Les Hon said...

And AMEN...