Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Being Sad in Joy



I write in the moment and often time it may be  painful.  Yesterday, as it will be for the next few months will be difficult. Most transitions are painful.  I will be sad, there will be tears and I will wonder. I am very grateful in it all...that I will miss my son, and that he is good company and that his adventures in the future are adventures and that he is a noble and a strong man, that he loves Jesus and wants to embrace the world as it it and change it for the good. I am proud of who is becoming and who he wants to become. I am so sad that he has grown up so seemingly fast and yet so excited that he is a quiet, thoughtful, strong-minded, sensitive soul.

Scott and I have never not been parents and this new relationship we will have without the intensity of parenting might be a new wonderful thing.
 It is all out there, and out there is already in the hands of the God who is.

I will be transformed again...in sadness and in joy. That is always the journey.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

It is...

At the beginning, this new adventure is painful. Over time, there are only moments of pain, and a lot of joy...because nothing is better than seeing your child being the adult God desires them to be.

Hang on...The first part of it is the worst of it.