Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wandering in the Psalms



Ps. 4


4Be angry and do not sin;
ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Selah
5Offer right sacrifices,
and put your trust in the Lord.
6There are many who say, “Who will show us some good?
Lift up the light of your face upon us, O Lord!”
7You have put more joy in my heart
than they have when their grain and wine abound.
8In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Show us some good…let us see the light of your face upon us…
You have put more joy in my heart…

On this day, when it is easy to see what is absent…I lose sight of what is present. On this day when I see my age, I do not see my health. When I feel the absence of my husband, I look past the presence of my children. When I look past the good, so I can see the bad…I do not see the light of His face upon me. I do believe that in the darkest places there are moments of light we overlook…I know this because I do this all the time.

I am angry…I do ponder…I am silent.
Trust in
Show us your light
Face upon us
Joy and peace
Sleep and safety

No comments: