Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hope

May the God of Hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him. (Rom. 15.13)
I have this thing for babies. I love to hold them for as long as the mother lets me. It is hard for me to think of Jesus as a baby. Babies...they are all about potential. What they will be doing rather then what they are doing. As babies ,we don't have to deal with anything but hope because the babies haven't disappointed yet...all they have done is come. Jesus is much easier to deal with as a baby but really not that easy to follow. Can't trust a baby with anything, can't depend on him, listen to him, or even emulate anything that he does. All you really can do with a baby is hold and love, feed and bath, change and burp. Christmas is like that baby...potential and hope.
Christmas is about the people around the baby...the mom and dad, the shepherds, the wisemen, the angels,their hopes and dreams, their trust. Good thing there is a trinity...because I can't begin to trust a baby.
May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him. This is my Christmas verse...it is what is true and what is real. I need this verse to carve a beam of light in all the hoopla and business of this season. I am waiting for, looking at, hoping in...just like they did.

No comments: