Thursday, December 31, 2009

Keep calm and carry on...

I found this quote on a journal at a bookstore. I buy a new journal every year with the idea that i will have enough profound thoughts to fill it up before the year comes to an end. Since I write here, most thoughts profound or otherwise don't quite make it to the journal. Out of habit I still do and this year the quote has become my mantra/motto/theme. This theme was based on an original WWII poster commissioned by the British Government Ministry of Information. It was mean to convey a sense of calm during uncertain times...and as we enter 2010 it seems to resonate again. I don't know how it is for you but for me and mine there is an uncertainty of what will happen in this coming year. After the accident 6 months ago I am so much more uncertain, fearful and fragile. When before I would anticipate the new, this year I am afraid of what may.
We begin this year with Scott going to Thailand for 3 weeks with the National Guard. Then he will be working in Tacoma if no work opens up here. This means he will be away from home from Sunday night till Thursday night. We have financial well as emotional hurdles to overcome and as uncertain as the times are I want to keep calm and carry on. I want the verse "may the God of hope fill us with joy and peace as we trust in Him, so that He may fill us with all hope through the power of the Holy Spirit" to be more then what we know but what we experience.
So this coming year if you wander it through with me, I hope to work this trust thing through. I really have no idea what will happen...but keeping calm and carrying on.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I think we as women like stability like the warm comfortable bed we have come to love and crawl into each night. Uncertainty is like experiencing a new bed every night - not all are comfortable or welcoming!! These are the thoughts that came to mind when I read your post. I like the saying - do you mind if I borrow it as well? The verse is perfect to go with this. I think the trust issue, the peace issue is always an ongoing practice as long as we remain here - but I hope I am further down the road after 2010! I join you on this journey!

about the long and winding road... said...

Thank you Sharon...borrow away...THank you for all your encouragement .H