Saturday, September 4, 2010

First week...

It was our first week of school and we began well. We have a new Principal, I have a new room, I have a house in dis-array, my husband is gone till October, both my kids are in the high school, both my kids come home around 6 from football and drama, my son fractured his arm...We are all good. When things begin to pile up my body reacts. I get cold sores, my eyes get achy and my back twists in a knot. I am a little overwhelmed with-in the details. I know it is just a matter of getting into a rhythm of sorts and doing what can be done in the time allotted. I find myself at the end of the day wishing I could go to bed at 7 knowing I have to wait till 10.

I am tired for sure but it is the morning I am looking forward to...in the morning I don't feel so overwhelmed as thought the day with all what may happen is there to discover...who knows what will get done, what conversation I will have, what new thing I will learn. It is the night that brings me angst...what I could not do, what was not done, what person I was not able to to talk to, what phone call I did not make, what bill I did not pay.

His mercies are new every morning...I get that. Expectation is a great motivator. It is morning and I have the day ahead of me...I wonder what will get done, what project will be advanced, what message of hope will be communicated. It is what we all have...this day, this very day.

No comments: