Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Won't be able to write that one out any other time in my lifetime...Even if I have nothing to say...it is just worth that amazing number combination. 1-1-11...so refreshing in its beginnings...it is the first day of the first month of the eleventh year of the 21st century, today.

We just came back from Saskatoon town, the frigid city to the north that houses the warmest people on earth. We arrived on Monday and left today and these past five days have been soft, warm, tender, funny, honest, yummy, cold, serious, interesting, engaging and all together lovely. I miss being with my Dad and Elfrieda, I miss the Aunties...These souls are pitchers of wonderful that fill a dry soul.

I endured the airplane and it was not nearly as bad as I envisioned. I am tired of fear...it does not need to rule anymore.

I want to prepare myself for this year...a more pithy start with ambitious goals and dreams. At this moment though, I am full and so grateful we could go.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you came to Stoon town and that we could share one evening together.

I'm also happy to hear that you are giving up on fear - yeah!

Blessings on you and yours in 2011. - lew

Sharon said...

Just reading about your time in Saskatoon brings back such sweet memories of time spent with your dad and Elfrieda - your descriptions only crack was it is to be in their presence! So glad you could go and be filled!

Saskatoon - that lovely city once 70 miles southwest from where we lived - an area that can be quite frigid with lots and lots of sunshine, but the memories of friends there only conjure up warmth and acceptance and love for me! I think I need to make a journey in 2011 and get filled!

Blessings on you and your 2011! I am going to try my hand at making a vision board for 2011 for myself. Sending lots of love to you....