Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas opine

This year I have gone overboard with the gifts and the spending. Not so much with the baking and the family time or the parties and the decorations...buying gifts and spending money that has been my evil bent this Christmas season. I don't know if it is evil but I am sure we can all make the case that this is probably the least meaningful part of the Christmas season. I don't know though...being able to buy gifts for my kids and husband brings me much joy. I know I should do more for the less fortunate and we do here and there but never to the extent that we could. I know I should probably make more of an effort to connect with my extended family...but they are far away not only physically but relationally as well. I should, I could but I am responding rather then initiating and as a result not really busy. I haven't even spent a lot of time in the Christmas story...here and there with some thoughts and ideas but nothing like I used too as you can tell with the amount of posts. I have enjoyed evening with Scott around the fireplace watching a random show or movie. I have neither overextended myself or even indulged in too much in food. I haven't gone to many parties or invited any one over.
It has been a wonderful season.
Mijo has been out a lot and Nick has been working and playing his Xbox game...but they are here and their presence fill in the quiet.
It has been a wonderful season...but, and there always is a but.
I wish for connections, involvement, community outside my immediate family. But wishing and wanting is only good if it motivates to action...not so much yet. I should...I guess, but like family relationships I am also responding rather then initiating.
I maybe should have, could have or would have...I just didn't. It is a wonderful season and I wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas...and an amazing New Year. Thank you for reading my many ramblings, this is an ongoing gift to me. Let's see what happens next...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Heidi. Looking forward to our visit in a few days! :-)

Les Hon said...

I had a Christmastime similar to yours...And except for the guilt that I should have tried to be more hospitable, I loved it.

I think I don't feel I'm being responsible unless I feel guilty for something...

I think I'll give that up...It seems kind of sick when you write it out! :D
I enjoy your ramblings...thanks for sharing!
Happy, Happy New Year to you!