Tuesday, September 20, 2011

glimpses of glory

My son plays football for the JV team here at LC. It has been painful to watch these past few games because the score has been so very lopsided and not in our favor. I talk big when it comes to winning and loosing but in reality, I really hate to loose at anything. So we are at another game...and the score is 29 to 7. I am cringing in my seat at every play, praying hoping and praying again. I have no idea if other mothers were praying in the stands that night but I was so wanting some good news to come from the field of play. So instead of burying my head in my hands I starting really looking at the game and there in the setting sun I began to see glimpses of glory and hope. A good run, a fantastic pass that was caught, a good tackle...here and there sprinkled in the midst were these moments of pure joy. We did not win the game but really I was so impressed with their fight that in the end it really did not matter, really.
You know where this is going...don't quit fighting that good fight even though at times it really seems that the odds are stacked against. Look for them...those glimpses of glory and unlike this football game, the battle is already won.

1 comment:

Traveller said...

nice. And a victory in "seeing" for you! (today, I'm seeing better than yesterday too)