Saturday, September 3, 2011

Not so much a hurricane...

Someone gave me such a wonderful compliment yesterday...she said as I was explaining the hub bub of the week," well, you looked very calm". YES YES YES...I want to look calm and that I know exactly what I am doing even if the opposite is true. Saturday morning and all is well...most students have the schedule they want. My Psychology class is off to a great start and ESL will gather momentum . No major problems with any host families or students AND the directorship of the International program is quite confusing but I see the loose ends tying themselves soon enough. I really enjoy being active but this week was just a bit much...but it won't be that forever and I knew that it was going to be just as it was.
Finding joy in the middle of it all was very easy and each of the students at times unaware to each other gave me pieces of pure delight....it is all good. I miss my husband, his company and steady hand would have lightened the load on the home front but the kids stepped up as much as their schedules allowed. The dogs are a bit confused why we aren't home anymore...oh well. There is only so much attention we can spread around.
Coming soon to my 48th birthday...wow, that is realllllly close to 50...I have to work a bit , no a lot harder at keeping healthy and there is a grief at the endless fight for everything that wants to sag, bulge, wrinkle, get grey, tighten, loosen and generally not be what it was. I don't think it's that I want to be young I really just want it all to work as it did. :)
We will all begin to settle into a football, drama, school routine and we will be swept into the stream of schedules, days and small square calendars telling us what to do and when. It is still all good !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that your hurricane was not all that had been forecast!

When do you get to see Scott again? Life tends to be "out of round" when our other half isn't on location with us. Prayin' for you both. - lew