Saturday, October 8, 2011

French Flowers

Camille, Yves, Marie-Michelle, Marie-Josephe, Marie-Therese...this week the last of my mothers family passed away. Marie-Therese or as we called Aunt Tuntune. All these names could very well be names of flowers as they roll off your tongue. My Grandmother, Camille, outlived 4 of her 5 children and now I can imagine the reunion in heaven as she is finally surrounded with all her girls for the first time ever. She lost my mom's twin, Camille when she was only five. Then her son Yves when he was only 27, then her daughter Marie-Michelle when she was only in her 40's, my mother when she was in her 50's. She died a few years ago and the last Marie-Therese died now in her 70's. I would love to see their faces as they look at each other in company. This family was never together, never hardly on the same continent and all but my grandmother died of something other then old age. I have cousins I have not seen in 35 years, and some I have no idea where they live or what they would even look like. We continue the legacy of distance but may God spare us the legacy of early death. Rest in Peace Aunt Tutune...enjoy the reunion !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know - sorry to hear that!! - lew