Monday, December 19, 2011

I see it all now...

38 And Mary said, Yes, I see it all now: I'm the Lord's maid, ready to serve. Let it be with me just as you say.

Perspective changes me. When I understand something, see it come together, hindsight...I am so much more ready to go ahead. When I see what He has done, I see that what He can do. Often we think faith has to do with leaping out into an unknown...No, it is often in context of perspective. Mary was told what had happened to Elizabeth so she was ready to trust. If God could be so tender with her old cousin and give her such a gift, this God would also be kind to her. Hard things to ask in the context of love. Both mothers would lose their miracle sons, whether Elizabeth was around, we do not know..but lose them they would.

Faith is walking forward on that path of peace , out of the shadows because we know Who we are following. He has been a good guide before, he will be again. To say like Mary, 'let it be with me as you say' takes a perspective on knowing the Who saying it.
I see it all now, I get it, I know who you are...I am ready to serve.

No comments: