Sunday, August 19, 2012

These days

I was going to write and ponder much more than I have. It is now the end of the summer and I'm not ready at all for school to begin. We just came back from my one week away and it was grand. There is an anxiety that curls around the start of this new school year and I just wish I was more excited. Mijo and Nick have come back from their family in MI...Curtiss family. I may be ready to talk about him in light of their discovery of his family. And they are such a good family. This week I will begin that yearly transition from summer to fall, being busy. It has been not so much these past weeks. Busy is overrated and too often a road to live on rather than an intersection to avoid. We place too much pride in doing too many things and no matter how much we think it's not healthy or good we add 'busy' to our cart. As if the more we do the more important we are. I'm not buying it anymore...selfish ambition has some roots in being busy. Do nothing from selfish ambition... A most important reminder this week before school.

No comments: