Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Running out of time...

It is funny, I am kind of running out of time for advent posts...Christmas being less than a week away.  This season has been so full of the unexpected that the routine of this season has been lost. In fact, to be totally honest...I am not in the Christmas 'spirit' at all.

I was hoping that as the school time winds down I would wander effortlessly into the warm fuzzy of Christmas time but having a student dealing with chemotherapy on the eve of Christmas, having violence hang so heavy in the air has washed this season of its sparkle. 

It's ok...it is what it is and I can't generate what isn't.
Sorry folks...
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Traveller said...

I find...that's often how Christmas is for me. I may start out great, but somewhere along the way...the busyness, etc... I'm with you here today--December 20th, frustrated and overwhelmed...and I'll be 'sharing' something at a Christmas party for 80-90 high school students today or tomorrow--what do I say?

Last week in the song "I'll give my heart" it hit me...the inadequacy of anything I can try to offer...I fail so miserably at it...and...that's just it, that's why Christmas is amazing. To this "me" that doesn't even know how to worship Him properly after so many years, He still comes...into our world... Have a wonderful Christmas Heidi--you and your family!