Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013....day 2

I made a resolution to run at least 30 minutes straight without stopping ,outside in the great outdoors...Yesterday, I did just that and now I am done.
I either underestimated my running ability or I was strangely motivated by the resolution.
Maybe the key is to resolve to only do what you know you can do without much effort.
I resolve to wake up and go to work.
I resolve to eat meals
I resolve to continue everything I did last year and not change a thing....
That would be sad, to stay the same year after year after year.

I am to speak in chapel tomorrow to our student body. I want to talk to them about changing who we are and to make efforts to change the perception people have about our school.  I am nervous, unusually so. I want to challenge them to have the resolve to change behavior and that is always a hard hard thing to talk about. But, we can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and just hope that somehow we will be different....INSANE...or as a friend so readily says..it is just crazy making. 

I have a few more resolutions...may they be accomplished with as much zeal !

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

I should have chosen a few resolutions that could be accomplished quickly! ;) Perhaps it would help build some momentum...