Thursday, September 25, 2014

"It takes a long time to grow young"




“For we have sinned and grown old and our Father is younger than we.”           ------G.K. Chesterton


 

 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory are being transformed with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.  1 Cor. 3:18





But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind. Is. 40:3


 

 

“It takes a long time to grow young.”  P. Picaso

 




 “It does not take much to make us realize what fools we are, but the little it takes is long in coming.”
Flannery O'Connor



You got me when I was an unformed youth, God, and taught me everything I know. Now I'm telling the world your wonders;  I'll keep at it until I'm old and gray. God, don't walk off and leave me until I get out the news Of your strong right arm to this world, news of your power to the world yet to come, Your famous and righteous ways, O God. God, you've done it all! Who is quite like you?  You, who made me stare trouble in the face, Turn me around; Now let me look life in the face. I've been to the bottom;  streaming with honors; turn to me, be tender to me, and I'll take up the lute and thank you to the tune of your faithfulness, God. I'll make music for you on a harp, Holy One of Israel.
  Ps. 71:17-22

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! - lew

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! - lew