Monday, September 15, 2014

Now for something completely different

In my drop box I have a collection of photographs from my youth, my parents youth and pre-children days. I look at my parents...

and think...OK, these cats were cool !
I mean, they should have graced the pages of some Paris style magazine, since that is where these two met each other and lounged gracefully I am sure in some cafe.



In reality, they were in the jungles of Papua, Indonesia. They were raising 3 kids in a tent with no running water with people who had not yet wandered out of the stone-age let alone into the 20th century until My Dad  trekked into their valley September of 1963.   
I am humbled by their stories, their boldness, their trust, their courage... their really cool clothes/style.
Looking at them from this perspective...our generation, we have lost some of the cool and most of the courage.
Me,  looking out from those baby eyes, how could I have known all that was normal for me then is amazing from these 51 year old eyes looking back.

What a legacy ! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If someone asked me to describe you....cool and courageous would be adjectives I would use in bold font.