Sunday, September 23, 2007

Feeling the burn!

I told Mijo to put on sunscreen when we went to the beach on Saturday...She didn't and now she is relizing how wise her mother really is ... I put on sunscreen but I missed a crucial spot on my back, I am also reaping similar consequences. It is quite amazing how badly one can get burned in the tropics on a sunny day on the beach. Last Sunday I was dealing with blisters, this Sunday a sunburn on my back. Maybe this week will be a pain free week here in Papua.

Scott and I are taking Indonesian lesson on Monday and Wednesday nights. This has been really good for us but I don't know how much we are really learning yet. Scott has been using more and more words and though his accent isn't quite there, he is jumping in anyway.

Oh..Scott and I have cell phones or as they are called here, hand phones. We are learning the mysterious world of texting...it is amzng wht u cn sy wthout spllng it all out. Now I can txt him to brng hme sme stff frm multi jaya ( our local grocery store).

Some of you need to email me and let me in on what is going on with you, this seems like a very one-sided conversation.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OK missy... at the risk of sounding dumb... where would one send an email to? Of course, I comment so it can't be considered TOO one-sided! Funny story about sunburn... one summer when I was young (oh SO long ago) my friend Anne and I were laying on an intertube in the bay on Orcas Island, floating serenly and exploring life under the ocean as only little ones can do with complete fascination for HOURS... not like kids today who need to explore underseas with a video game but I digress... we spent hours floating along, hands across each other's backs... yup, full on red and blistered, except for each of our perfect little white hand prints on each other's back!!