Sunday, December 16, 2007

And then they came

My folks came in on Saturday morning and we have had people come up to us out of the blue just to say hello. It isn't the Price family to be sure. We have not been able to go into a restaurant, grocery store or even getting into the van from the airport without a wonderful soul approaching with smiles and tears. How they are loved. It is profound to see the hand and the glove unite. It is like Dad said, " As I fly over Indonesia I say O Lord, I am home". We are warming our souls in the glow that these reunions are providing.

We are also preparing to go interior and on a side note...I won't be able to post for awhile but will catch up when we come back out again. When I say preparing maybe you need to understand what that means. We have no idea what the living conditions will be except that we will have a roof over our heads and a fireplace. We have no idea about the stove, water supply or the electricity. We have no fridge and I don't think we have any furniture. I sat down with the kids to help them adjust in their minds that the Christmas this year will be far different then any they have ever experienced and that maybe it will be akin to "little house in the jungle". I really can't prepare them...I will enjoy their reactions...well, maybe not all of them.

I am already complaining about sleeping on the floor and I am not yet sleeping on the floor. Maybe I need to have a talk with myself. Scott, that amazing man, he is game for it all. I so think he was made for all of this..there is something of a reunion of sorts with him as if this kind of lifestyle was what he was destined to embrace. Our wonderful friend Linda sent us just enough gifts to open so that as Mijo said through tears, we will have something of Christmas in the middle of nowhere. Nick is wondering about what will we do if it gets bad...how do we get out: walk or fly I said. He is a bit nervous about the whole thing. Isn't this grand!

I will post one more time on Wednesday if I have time...it is finals and I have to get all my grades in as well... Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well My Friend,
There are few things you say that do not resonate with me. I will be praying for your trip to MAP - for rain on the roof, unexpected comforts, and many moments of 'feeling' home.
Crissie