Monday, January 14, 2008

Random thoughts

We had a thunder storm for about 7 hours last night..no kidding. There was no wind so the storm rested on Mt. Cyclops and thundered all night long until it wore itself out. Ever tried sleeping with lightning flashes going off every few minutes? Nick wasn't feeling well and the cat was freaking out so I didn't get the deepest sleep. Fortunately the Muslims forgot to send off their prayer call this morning so at least I could sleep till 7AM.

I was thinking this morning about God speaking in a still small voice rather then in the loud thunder. I wish His voice was louder...like the thunder..I seem to listen much better when all I hear is what is the loudest. We were watching a movie last night and I had to manipulate the volume the whole movie long in accordance to how loud the thunder rumbled. Maybe ...that is why God speaks in a still small voice. We have to turn the volume down on all that is screaming for our attention...so we can deliberately listen rather then being thundered at. I was thinking the other day how nice it would be just to get a simple text message from God then I realized...I always get a text message from Him, I just have to remember to look in the inbox/Bible.

I have lots on my plate in the next month. I am hoping to go on OE which is what the whole High school does for 2 weeks. We are going to a village out in the boonies to live and work and survive. This is a HUGE undertaking though maybe not fun in the sense of the word...it is an adventure. Lots to do we just need to all stay well.

Random thoughts on this Tuesday in January..random thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - not sure I've commented before or not, but I wanted to let you know that I've become a loyal reader! I grew up in Papua (been gone for nearly 7 years now) and I found your blog by googling blogs and Papua and that sort of thing.

I admit I'm biased, but I find daily life in Papua fascinating!

Anonymous said...

Would love to know about all the whys and whats and fors...Thank you for reading and commenting.