Friday, February 15, 2008

Don't we all !!!

The cross is a great touch. Reading my past blog I wanted to reassure you that even though I may have issues and my angst may show show through once in awhile :)...I know you have your share of issues as well so I am in good company.
If you don't know by now, our intention is to return to the States after our one year here. So come June we will be packing up and heading back to the good ole...issue driven US of A. I have so many mixed emotions about the return. Other then missing friends and family, there is very little else I miss. I know though...that there will be much I miss here. I knew that this would be the gamble in coming here and even as the payment day gets closer I find myself trying to figure out how to make it less painful. I don't even know if that is possible. I am not the only one dealing with these issues. There are missionareis who after 15 years are returning for good to the States. Every senior graduating is also dealing with a permanent closure to a lifestyle and home they have known for most of their life. How do you begin to deal with that pain? They don't have a home they can go to in the States as I do or a community they are famililiar with. My leaving here is so much less then their leaving but we all have our own issues of leaving and dealing, we just don't all wear the T-shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have SO enjoyed reading your stories about OE, as an HIS alumni. And I identify with the angst of leaving. That walk to the plane as a graduating senior was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, and to be honest, though I am married and settled, I still don't have much of a desire to live here and would LOVE to settle down in Papua. Who knows, I might go back, as you did.

I count the pain as a mixed blessing, though, because I have been allowed to be there, to experience Papua, and to love. I wouldn't trade that.