Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sometimes its through the haze


Maybe its because we have been interior for a few weeks but reading the news lately in the US makes me want to never return to that soil ever. It seems to safe here for us Westerners..it is safe for us Westerners. Scott calls it the poormans Hawaii. We are protected, cacooned and sheltered from not only what happens in the big bad countries of the West but also from all the wrong that happens just at our doorstep. I went home for a bit today and talked with Ibu Senti, she is the wonderful lady who helps us survive here in Sentani...survive maybe not survive but makes life much more simple. She was telling me about another helper who was killed by her husband not too many days ago for something I could not quite understand. It is so easy to become so scared..scared of what may happen, scared of what can. The missionaries here in Sentani can so easly live so apart that we no longer live with...a haze that blinds us to the needs and at the same time shelters us from reality. I lay in bed last night so afraid of returning to the States. Fear cancels so much of my freedom. God lives in the States still doesn't He? Do let me know...I keep forgetting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi: You are safest when you are in the center of God's will. Location is not the issue, obedience to His calling is all important. Check out Ps. 46 - and try out v. 10. My prayers go with you as you discern His leading. ~ LEW