Thursday, September 25, 2008

47 - 6

That was the score at Nick's football game, in our favor. What I though was amazing was that during half time when the score was 30 something to 6 I saw the opposing team huddle before the game began. If you have ever played ball of some sort you know what you cry in that huddle before you go out...KILL, CRUSH, WIN...any of those kill the other team words to pump you up so you can win. Well, as this team was getting ready to go out they all yelled PLAY! I just had to smile...no real opportunity to win, but they could play. I love that!!! As the clock was winding down the team was chanting and hooting on the sidelines encouraging their team...to just Play and then play until the very end no matter the score.
So...I want to encourage you today ...whatever the score, whatever the strong and mighty opponent might have to say....PLAY..Stay in the game...don't quit...Hang in there...PLAY!!!

No comments: