Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last of the 44's

This is my last week as a 44 year old. I can't remember how it is that one week I was turning 30 and now a year later I am going to be 45. So what already...It isn't that big a deal anymore to be the age I am except when Scott talks to me about having a 5 year plan and I realize that in that 5 years I will be 50.
I like being this old...it gives me so much freedom. Freedom to be who I am, wear what I like, and think what I think. I don't really have to take the opinions of those around me seriously...and I really don't have to change them. I am finally free of futile pursuits and yet...I can still dream big dreams. I can revel in the accomplishments of the kids and the company of my older husband(by 1 year). Mijo grabbed two skirts in my closet yesterday and remarked how cool they were...my mother had bought these for me in Wales when I was Mijo's age..still have them, still wear them and now..she may as well. A life time in some skirts...44 going on 45.

No comments: