Monday, September 8, 2008

Morning Mocha!

As I write, Mocha is warming my feet. I wish she would spend more time at my feet then in my hair...There isn't a day where I look at her and wonder what we were thinking when we got her. As much as she is a wonderful companion for Scott, I spend the most time with her and as much as she is cute and all that..it is the 'all that' that makes for frustrating moments.
It was my 45th birthday yesterday and as much I realize I am getting older I would rather it be less noticeable. Birthdays are like Mocha...irritating in the present but comfortable in the presence. I like having her around, she makes coming home an adventure. I don't mind getting older...the perspective is great and the confidence wonderful. It is in the daily's though...the rough and tumble of living with what we cannot do...opportunities becoming more limited. Such is Mocha...limiting but necessary. Such is aging, limiting but necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! For comments like these we are so glad you keep writing - I just celebrated my birthday as well - 62 - and you expressed it all so eloquently. Thanks