Sunday, December 7, 2008

The day of small things...Zech.4:10

"Who despises the day of small things? Men will rejoice when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel". Check Spelling
How's that for a Christmas card verse?
Zerubbabel who is in the line of David, line of Mary, line of Jesus...has the plumb line, making sure that when the temple is built it will be true. BIG TEMPLE...small plumb line, this small thing will make the BIG THING true. God is in the rebuilding program and this Christmas there is some rebuilding to do. God's rebuilding program for me starts small like having a plumb line in someones hand. Bringing truth into my thinking is where God begins with me.
The other day I was trying to deal with a huge disappointment. I was uncertain about abilities, strengths and purpose. Always uncertain ,it seems, these day. A friend called me for coffee. We met and soon after we sat down she was called away in an emergency of sorts but in that 10 minutes of conversation she poured love into my uncertainty. She was my plumb line. She spoke truth into my discouragement. She was my Zerubbabel with plumb line in hand. How about you...how about me? Whose plumb line are we?

No comments: