Wednesday, December 31, 2008

09....minus 1

Scott is going to swim in the ocean tomorrow, yes, it is cold and rainy and all that but he is a fan of starting the year off with a splash. Me...I finished the final draft of my MA final project yesterday, and for me that is my splash into the new year. Scott's deal is a one time event, cold slap in the face...Mine, I have been working on this since August.
This is quite significant for me, it had become so huge in my mind that psychologically I was unable to even start let alone complete. I had great ideas every month that I could never follow through on because it had become a mountain of impossibility. I have been needing to write this Final Project for my MA for about 2 years now and have been unable to write a single sentence till this last August. What happened was an advisor who knew I could and encouraged every step of the way, Thank you Randy, and a husband who always believes the impossible can happen especially if it has anything to do with ability. He knew I could more then I knew I could. Yesterday, while the kids and he were out giving me quiet space in the house, I corrected the last of the draft. (BTW...I seem to not like to put in commas, anywhere, even when I need them, and even, when, I don't).
It is anti climatic after all the personal drama to finally be done. I should have a party or something for this accomplishment but it is New Years and a new year trumps all other celebrations. I have no idea if and when the graduation ceremony will happen but all the writing is done. When they sign on that line I will have a MA in leadership...too bad I don't have a job that needs it. But I finished it...I did not quit...I wrote 70 + pages...This is a great way to begin a new year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on persevering - what a great way to complete '08. God doesn't have us complete a task without an assignment waiting in the wings. May you soar in '09, using the experience and knowledge gained to further His Kingdom. Blessings! - lew

Anonymous said...

Thank you LEW...you have been and continue to be such an encouragment...Thank you HEidi

Les Hon said...

Congratulations on completing your thesis...and 70 pages. I completely understand the daunting feeling that creates the inability to start such writing...so I appreciate your example of "soldiering on"! What a sense of accomplishment, with satisfaction!