Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Old Woman Walking

It is pure joy to be shuffling around the house...I am walking on the treadmill at 2 miles an hour and most the time I can walk without aide from one piece of furniture to another. The spine doctor told me to do as much as I can to strengthen my muscles in the back because that would be the only thing that would help. Looking at the x-ray and the disc sitting there all crushed i get a sick feeling at the pit of my stomach at what could have been. I cooked supper last night and got a list of projects that need to be done around the house. My reign as functioning adult is nearly complete, I don't know for sure if the kids are that excited about that now that I can check their progress. When I am still I can almost pretend nothing has happened but in every movement I am reminded at how far I am from where I was. I am not discouraged...I still am grateful because I am an old woman walking and not a poor woman in a wheelchair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is exciting to read of your progress. Are you still needing painkillers? Keep us informed, so we can cheer and PTL!