Monday, July 6, 2009

Sequim away ...

Our wonderful friends invited us to come away with them to Sequim, a little town far enough away to feel like a vacation. It was quick, wonderful and refreshing. Thank you Tom and Dawn, I felt almost normal.

This has been one of those weeks where everything seems to be too much. 1/3 of this summer is gone without much of anything done...well, except the whole body healing and everything. The view from the wheelchair is limited and somehow the grand story of it all is lost in the mundane of getting around the house without scraping the walls and doors with the wheels. The family is a blur of activities around me as I watch from the center. It may all change tomorrow and I will be able to walk again but in my mind I am fuming at the stupidity of it all.
Getting phone calls from the hospital about the bills, waiting forever on the insurance report from the school, ARGH.......I want, wish, hope, desire, long..........oh well.

On the side of the mountain on Hurricane Ridge was the remnant of the snow melt shaped like a heart. You can see it in the picture above. Scott pushed me up and over patches of snow to get to this look-out and there for all to see was this text message from God. Remember, I have been looking for the meaning in all of this and have yet to see the good in it all...but maybe all I need to know is that I am loved no matter what. Loved...not only by the Almighty but by so many more. I can't forget the outpouring not too many weeks ago and even the gift of seeing this heart given by friends. I will not forget...and this will encourage me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the heart. Sorry I missed it. Hope your week is going well. Talk soon, Dawn