Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When it rains...

A young MAF mechanic in Sumatra, out for a day at the beach drowns while trying to save another. One wife, one young son left behind.

A good friend asked not to participate in something she is very very good at...strong arm tactics.

A volleyball player from a nearby school on the way to a game is struck from behind into oncoming traffic and looses all of her 16 years.

My Dad who struggles to get well from something that is nebulous and uncertain.

This weight of sadness...who can carry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd read this blog several times, feeling the weight of each item. This time, as I read what you wrote, I heard a response - an invitation you can choose to accept. "Come to Me, all of you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads. I will give you rest," Jesus invites (Matt11:28). We aren't designed to carry these burdens, but are given the opportunity to roll them onto the broad shoulders of our Lord.

Just as you have a sense of relief when Scott agrees to take a responsibility off your hands (ie- "Could you grab a jug of milk on your way home?" - "sure!"), so we can hand each weight to the best Burden-Bearer there is. It can be such a relief to let it go! He is trustworthy, wise, totally competent. - lew

Sharon said...

I couldn't have said it better than Lew...

Anonymous said...

thank you...I do, I will, I have...H