Sunday, December 5, 2010

Well, shut my mouth! Luke 1:19

How can I be sure of this? I have an excuse not to believe what you say can be true...I am an old man and my wife is well along in years...
That was really nice for Zechariah not to call Elizabeth old...well along in years sounds so much better. Zechariah had just been told that he was going to have a baby boy after all these years and no matter how scary and amazing that angel's message was... his first reaction is...I really don't think what you say is true.
I AM GABRIEL (little human who should know better). I STAND IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD AND HAVE BEEN SENT TO SPEAK TO YOU AND TO TELL YOU THIS GOOD NEWS. (unbelievable this priest...he comes once in his lifetime before the altar and I stand before the Almighty every moment...how can he not believe what I say is true? I'll show him that being afraid is normal behavior...but unbelief is nothing to ignore) AND NOW YOU WILL BE SILENT AND NOT ABLE TO SPEAK UNTIL THE DAY THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE YOU DID NOT BELIEVE MY WORDS, WHICH WILL COME TRUE AT THEIR PROPER TIME.
I know that Gabriel did not shout...but I am sure there was a tone.

How can I be sure that God loves me...How can I really be sure that I am God's workmanship, created to do God's work...How can I be sure that All things work together for good...How can I be sure that His mercies are new every morning...How can I be sure that really all have sinned and fall short...How can I can be sure that there is no condemnation...How can I be sure...

It is amazing we are not all mute !

No comments: