Thursday, May 19, 2011

Times they are a changing...

It is May and in school it is a month of transitions. The Seniors whom we have enjoyed most of the year, we now tolerate. The Underclassmen are marking time to change their designated number to a higher one. Parents are grieving and rejoicing, hoping and wondering while saying " How did ______ get here...weren't they just first graders yesterday? Teachers are just tired and wanting to finish well but oftentimes we just want to finish. The weather is gaining more warm days then cold and we are restless for something different to happen.
I am sitting in limbo...I know as soon as this school year ends, Mijo's last year begins. I know when May is done, Scott may well be gone. Then he may well be here but without a job again. I know as soon as June rolls in the countdown till next September begins and we number our summer days carefully. I am writing down my goals to accomplish this summer but wonder if I will accomplish anything if I am driving back and forth between here and Montana or simply between here and Eatonville getting all our winter wood up here from down there.
I could not sleep last night as I thought about Mijo's senior year...I am missing her already but don't want that to temper her desire to fly. Ahhh...May you are so full of potential...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I hear you - hold on to all of May while it is here. By the way thanks for the idea - I never thought of writing out my goals for the summer, but definitely a must do this year!