Monday, May 9, 2011

When I think...

Heard this AM a verse written differently and it struck me ...Eph. 3: 12-21 NLT
When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall on my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and earth. A change in perspective changes everything...
As I have wandered the hallways of these past few years especially after our return from Papua...now 3 years ago I have wrestled. I have wrestled with my attitude, my perspective, my desires, my longings ... who I am, where I am , who I want to be. Papua was a watershed moment in my life not because of what I was doing but who I saw that I was. When I think of the wisdom and the scope of God's plan...I fall on my knees and pray.
I find myself these days limping from the wrestling match but somehow I feel more whole. Introspection is part of who I am much to the chagrin of those who hang with me. I am always analyzing and thinking and wondering through pretty much anything that wanders into my pathway. It is the nature of who I am and I no longer afraid of what I think as far off base as it may seem. But when I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan...I can only fall to my knees. There is no other alternative to that perspective.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Heidi,
I really like who you are ... that person that is "always analyzing and thinking and wondering through pretty much anything that wanders into my pathway". From this you have been able share those analytical thoughts, those wanderings and ponderings of the mind and soul. You have given me things to ponder that have stretched me, answered some of my own yearnings and caused me to grow in my journey For this I join you in falling to my knees. It's all about falling on our knees, praying and submitting to our loving, caring Heavenly Father!!
Sharon