Thursday, July 21, 2011

updates...















The road ahead...
When we went on our road trip I was mesmerized with the scene pictured. Maybe because I was raised with mountains that surround there is something wonderful about wide open spaces. I am still surrounded by mountains but they are more suffocating to me then protective. I can tell when I drive up to Mt. Baker there is a point on that highway where I literally start feeling closed in, the mountains rise up and seem so foreboding. So when I see wide open spaces I physically relax...begin to breath more deeply. Maybe that is why I like the ocean rather then the woods, the prairies rather then the Rockies. That really isn't an update but a tidbit of information. :)
Scotty is progressing rather well. He is so motivated to get better. Remember when I was trying to heal quickly...well his motivation is far beyond what I could have and did muster. I knew he was like that but it is pretty amazing to watch as he pushes ever so gently on his his newly mended ligaments. One thing about Scott that is so admirable and frustrating is his discipline. I get mad at him for wanting to go and work out simply because it makes me feel so amazingly undisciplined. While I loath the workout he embraces it.
On another update note...I am now the new International Program Director for Lynden Christian High School. Having been the International Host family Coordinator...that's a mouthful...I have been promoted to this position. Robb, the outgoing Director has left such a great program I am hoping to keep building on his foundation. This will entail more work on what I am already doing but I am ready to be busier. Scott may be gone in September so all of everything may fall pretty heavily right off the bat...but preparation has begun.
On a side...Mijo and Nick are both working really hard in the raspberries and cherry's respectively. Mijo went to work at 5 last evening and came home at 3:30AM. Nick has been getting up at 3:45 AM and literally running till he gets off at 2-3PM. He has been in Eastern WA and comes home this Saturday. They are busy, Scott and I not so much right now. Kind of a strange reversal in roles. As everyone struggles so with the heat...we may not get out of the 60's today. Another normal abnormal summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Do you like the slower pace you are in right now? I find myself happy to let the rest of the world be crazy busy - the slower pace is right for me. - lew