Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the Strength of Thanksgiving

The joy of the Lord is my strength...how does this really work itself out in reality? I have been needing strength lately, not so much for the physical kind but for the wisdom , perspective kind. This new job I have jumped into has so many layers of interaction that at the end of the day I go home wondering if I have done all that I could.
I do love Thanksgiving for its odd but meaningful celebration. A very neutral holiday that everyone understands...on all levels of income, faith and cultural experience we understand that being thankful is an essential aspect of being happy. Can't be happy without being grateful...it is really as easy as that. So in our pursuit of happiness in this amalgam of a country, thanksgiving is the most appropriate place to start. Maybe the strength of our country lies in this particular holiday more than any other.
Personally then it follows that if I need strength it comes from joy which comes from gratefulness it all begins with thankfulness. In the middle of it all...I begin with the simplest of prayers...
Thank you.
The simplicity of that prayer explodes out....and keeps going. Amazing that all the strength I need starts here...
Thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you for, in, because...

No comments: