Saturday, January 7, 2012

Have you ever...

Had one of those feelings where all of a sudden it seems you are walking on the edge of a precept? As I was going to bed last night, anxiety seemed to overwhelm me and this is what it sounded like in my head.

#1. Is this it...is this all I am going to be doing for the rest of me life? Is this enough? Am I ever going to see the ruins of ancient cities or will I always be sitting here in Lynden town?
#2. Are my kids really OK? Are they hiding things from me and really not doing as well as I think they are? Are they deceptive and sneaky?
#3. Has the potential for what can be done and what is being done diverging paths and all that is, is the routine of sleeping, eating, going work and watching TV?
#4. Is all the adventure behind me and if it presented itself in front of me would I be too afraid to go?

These are such common refrains running in my head on any given day but last night it was an orchestrated refrain, with all stanza's humming. I thank God for sleeping medicine...or I would still be holding tight to the bedsheets.
I am sure you are wondering why I have not included my relationship with God in the mix of it all? I wonder myself.

No comments: