Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And we are off......

It was so nice to be away from it all for 10 days. It is good to be back in a routine ,though, where I can eat a bit better, exercise a bit more consistently and get things done that need to get done. I sit here in my room with Mandarin being spoken quickly and enthusiastically around me...they also had a great break and if they are ready to be here...I don't know but being away gave them some life. One boy gained a pound a day while in china...talk about missing home cooking. He even took some pictures on his camera to remember. I also get gifts from my students...this always surprises me. From clothes to tea to tofu meat ... I am grateful. I have some tea in front of me that looks as if I am drinking spinach. I need to find a proper tea pot.

2012 is here and so far I am hoping to change some things. I innocently asked Scott the other day what he would like to change about me if he could. Did not know this would be painful to hear. I am too critical about church...it is hard on him and my daughter...I can not and will not do this anymore. These are the questions that we need to ask at the start of every year. Not what I would like to change about myself...but those whom I love the most, what would they like to see change. You may be surprised...as I was what my husbands resolution would be for me.

Here is to change that matters....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so courageous - to ask the question and then to share the answer, although I'm sure it was hard to hear.

I wonder what the core issue is. It's one thing to not comment negatively - but even better if the source can be dealt with so you don't have to swallow your comments. :-) May you have insight and understanding in the days ahead.~lew