Monday, July 29, 2013

Adventure Withdrawal Syndrome: AWS

Lack of motivation for routine.

Looking too long at trip pictures accompanied by long sighs.

Blueberries don't even taste as good as I thought.

Thinking that flying really isn't that bad.

Lynden in all its beauty isn't warm enough or tropical enough.

People here are just too American and not Indonesian enough.

Think a bit too long about selling everything and wandering the world with a backpack and my dreams.

Burn my back yard bamboo and think about burning the plastic water bottles just to get that evening smell in the air.

Keep hoping that the hotel staff will cook my supper or that it will magical appear as it has or did.

Wondering if it really did all happen because it seems to have happened so long ago. 

AWS...easy to catch not easy to cure.



1 comment:

Jenine said...

Heidi,
I get this every time I come back from Indo. Usually I channel it into cleaning or organizing something at home because I am reminded once again how little I need and how much I have.
Cooking up some soto ayam or bahmi goreng helps too.....or just krupuk. :)
Loved reading about your adventure!
Jenine