Monday, July 8, 2013

Pre..pre trip non shakes and non quivers...

Unusual for me...I have not been that nervous about the trip to Sumatra. I have not been checking the weather in all landing zones, nor have I had sleepless nights wondering what if.  When I heard about the plane that crashed in SF...I did not reconsider nor check to see if I could cancel my tickets. IT is odd for me not to be nervous about flying, and for me not to be afraid. I am thankful, because such a state of mind can change the joy of any adventure. And this is an adventure and it will be fun and I am so thankful that Scott is on this adventure with me.

I have packed and repacked...I may be taking too much but maybe not. We are doing carry-on's rather then the full suitcase...it is only for 10 days.

In the book of Ephesian I am told.."Finally, let the Lord make me strong and depend on His mighty power". I want to walk in this while on every plane, in every landing and takeoff.

Toba Lake, in Sumatra, is a long way from Lynden town. We travel to Tokyo, Jakarta, Medan...taxi to Toba and ferry to the Island on the lake where we are staying. I am brushing up on my very limited Bahasa Indonesian and trying  not to think about Mijo and Nick being here and having to 'people our fort'. I love the idea of the unexpected and letting go of expectations. Taking each day, full of it all...
Letting myself try what I wouldn't usually and getting up  early to see the sunrise and making sure to see the sunset. I hope to listen to the stories of my families from Holland, Australia and Canada.

Come with....I will try and tell you the stories as I live them. If I can't here...I will on fb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your reports and pictures. I have been wondering and praying about the issues you have had with flying in previous times and delighted that this time, it is a non-issue. Keep casting any cares that enter your awareness on Him - and enjoy the journey. - lew