Monday, May 11, 2015

A moment on Monday: I willl again...

I have been sitting in the book of Isaiah for awhile and there are surprises and truths sprinkled in the strangest places. I know the rules of hermeneutics and sound interpretation, yet I think that wordings and phrases can pierce through as if that set of words were written just for me on this day. I don't use them as a holy tea reading, point and accept kind of methodology. Yet...I do believe that the Spirit of the living God infuses His word with moments for the day.







Isaiah 29: 14 ...Therefore, behold, I will again do wonderful things with this people, with wonder upon wonder...

I will again, what lovely words those are.  The Love affair that God has with his people is brutal.  His love affair with me is the same. He comes, I leave. He urges, I turn away. He calls, I ignore.
He will again do wonderful things, He will again...
If I treated my husband the same way I treat my God.. I don't want to think about it.  It isn't about shame, it is about longing. His longing for me that I always forget in the equation. 




It is the hard truth about faith...to believe that longing for me is true.  He is the groom waiting. I have no idea why He loved/loves those children of Israel, I guess if He can them, He can me. They seem a bit more difficult to love.
 Hee hee, that is funny I love that Again and Again and Again He will do wonderful things with this person; this hard to love, difficult , stubborn person.

No comments: