Saturday, March 22, 2008

To catch a butterfly


I have been stalking butterflies...I have been looking to catch either a bright green or yellow butterfly that frequents this plant outside my window but when they arrive and I try and sneak out...they fly away. This one, this is the best picture I could get because it never really stayed anyplace long enough or pose long enough. As beautiful as these butterflies are I have a feeling they don't live long because they never stay anywhere long enough to enjoy. It is as if they are racing through life one flower at at time and may the best butterfly win.
So I am still looking for the indolent butterfly who wants to just hang around the flower and show off his/her beautiful colors against this fuchsia plant. Why can't they just stop and smell the flowers?
It is Resurrection Sunday...May the Risen Lord grace your day with His presence. Maybe we should stop awhile and smell the proverbial flower.

No comments: