Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Singing to Sophie


I did something the other night I have not done in about 10 years. I sang a baby to sleep. This little jewel to be exact. I was babysitting for a couple on their anniversary and just like that as she was laying in my arms and I began to sing the very same lullaby I sang to Mijo and Nick, she fell asleep. It is one of those things you can't plan to happen, most often they fuss but not this time and it was such a gift to me. I have no idea why I am writing about this on a blog about my time here in Papua. Maybe because it made my whole week...All she did was sleep, all I did was sing and yet in that moment of time I was given something special and for that I am grateful and I wanted you all to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie was just being herself - and that was enough. There is a lesson here, isn't there! Thanks for sharing your moment - LEW

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy...I am so happy that you got to do that! I wonder...which lullaby did u sing to her?
And why did you put out names in the place of Sophie's? I love you so much and I am really thinking about what u said last night to me about self righteousness.

Mijo Camille (your daughter)